Joe Graedon began providing commentaries on health to National Public Radio in 1977 from his host station, WUNC-FM in Chapel Hill, NC. The People’s Pharmacy health talk program first aired on WUNC in 1981 and is now syndicated to more than 150 public radio outlets around the country.
The Graedons have published 19 books, and one or both of the Graedons have appeared on Dateline, 20/20, Good Morning America, Today, Extra, NBC Nightly News, Dr. Oz, The Tonight Show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, Live with Regis and Kathie Lee, as well as many other nationally televised shows.
Their syndicated column is read in major newspapers across the country, including in cities such as Albuquerque, Atlanta, Baltimore, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Raleigh, San Antonio, Seattle, St. Louis, and Tampa/St. Petersburg. They have also contributed to articles in Prevention, The New York Times and Fortune.
Books from The People’s Pharmacy®
- Graedon, Joe, and Graedon, Terry, The Graedons’ Guide to Alternatives for Arthritis. People’s Pharmacy Press, 2017.
- Graedon, Joe, and Graedon, Terry, Spice Up Your Health: How Everyday Kitchen Herbs & Spices Can Lengthen & Strengthen Your Life. People’s Pharmacy Press, 2016
- Graedon, Teresa, and Graedon, Joe, “Let patients help with diagnosis.” Diagnosis, 2014; 1 (1): 49-51.
- Graedon, Joe and Graedon, Teresa, Top Screwups Doctors Make and How to Avoid Them. Crown Archetype, 2011.
- Graedon, Joe and Graedon, Terry, The People’s Pharmacy Quick & Handy Home Remedies: Q&As for Your Common Ailments. National Geographic, 2011.
- Graedon, Joe and Graedon, Teresa, Recipes & Remedies From The People’s Pharmacy. Graedon Enterprises, Inc., 2010.
- Edwards, I. R., Graedon, J., and Graedon, T. “Placebo Harm.” Drug Safety
- 2010; 33 (6):439-441.
- Graedon, Joe and Graedon, Teresa, Favorite Foods From The People’s Pharmacy: Mother Nature’s Medicine. Graedon Enterprises, Inc. 2009.
- Graedon, Joe & Graedon, Teresa. “Are Generic Drugs Safe?” Prevention, Feb. 2008.
- Graedon, Joe and Graedon, Teresa. Favorite Home Remedies From The People’s Pharmacy. Graedon Enterprises, Inc, 2008.
- Graedon, Joe and Graedon, Teresa. Best Choices from The People’s Pharmacy. Rodale Books, 2006.
<p>Thank you for considering Joe and Terry Graedon for your event. They frequently speak to health professionals and the public on a wide range of health topics. Although they like to tailor their talks to the special interests of the groups they are interacting with, here is a list of favorite subjects:</p>
- Tapping Grandma’s Wisdom: Home Remedies & Healthy Living–Were the Old Wives Right?
- The Pros and Cons of Drugs and Home Remedies: What Really Matters for Health
- Making Sense of Confusing Health Headlines
- Overdiagnosis & Overtreatment: Medical Flip Flops that Frustrate
- Staying Healthy as We Grow Older: Conscious Aging–The Journey of a Lifetime
- Medical Mistakes: Avoiding Dangers in the Hospital, Pharmacy, and Doctor’s Office
- Taking Charge of Your Health: Participatory Care: Re-Thinking Successful Strategies for Changing Lifestyle Behaviors
- Preventing Dangerous Drug Interactions
- Protecting Your Patients: Herb & Prescription Medication Interactions
- Alternative Medicine, Dietary Supplements, and Over-the-Counter Medications
- Dietary Supplements for Diabetes
- Dealing with Sleep Loss and Depression
- Dietary supplements: Helpful or Harmful–Drug, Herb, and Nutrient Interactions and Adverse Reactions
If you would like to contact the Graedon’s regarding a possible speaking engagement, use the form below and select “Speaking engagement” under “reason for contact.”
Join over 150,000 Subscribers at The People's Pharmacy
We're empowering you to make wise decisions about your own health, by providing you with essential health information about both medical and alternative treatment options.